You can also read below.
1. Teachers of YLs should be paid less money because the only thing they do is playing games and singing songs
2. Teachers of YLs have lower qualifications that’s why they teach kids (or – They teach kids because their qualifications are not enough to deal with more serious teaching)
3. Teaching children is not REAL teaching (Can’t remember how often I was given a look saying ‘Now what do YOU know about the difference between Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous???’) . You also don’t speak REAL English, because if you teach YLs (and are not a native speaker) most probably your level of English is equal to the one of your students’.
4. Teachers of YLs cannot/should not/ are not able to teach adults (This one is interesting – it seems like anyone can get a job teaching kids but if a teacher of kids wants to get a job teaching adults, he or she is immediately rejected)
5. Teaching YLs is a very easy/difficult job (it actually is not, once you get the idea how to do it properly)
6. Teachers of YLs like children (hmm… how to say that… I guess not all of them.)
The author of this article is Anita Kwiatkowska. She is a Polish teacher of young learners currently in Turkey. She is also active in the blogosphere and twittevers and is the person behind the blog l_missbossy’s ELT playground.